Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is great on chilly nights when the appealing aroma of garlic and basil wafts throughout the house.
- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil or 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic and salt and let set for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- In a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, layer the potato mixture, onion, chicken, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the basil.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil; cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken juices are clear and potatoes are tender.
Really did smell good in the oven!!! No cooking for me for the rest of the week! But the potatoes were too oily :(
I knew this would be good because of the wonderful aroma that filled my house after putting it in the oven. This dish was very colorful and I really felt like I was eating healthy. I left it in the oven slightly longer than recommended but other than that I didn't change a thing. It was simply delicious.