- 3 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil or 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic and salt and let set for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- In a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, layer the potato mixture, onion, chicken, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the basil.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil; cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken juices are clear and potatoes are tender.