1/1 Photo of Tomato & Garlic Bruschetta Bread
This appetiser is just wonderful with any dish! I love ripe fresh tomato with garlic and this dish is so well received at dinner parties! I have substituted apple juice for olive oil in part of this recipe to make the dish reasonably low-fat, some recipes call for 1/2 cup oil! The apple juice works beautifully with tomato!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix roughly chopped tomatoes, onion, parsley & garlic, apple juice and vinegar in a shallow bowl.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cover bowl and let tomatoes marinate at room temperature for about 1-2 hour.
- 4Stir occasionally to distribute flavours.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the grill/broiler.
- 6For the bread rub one side with garlic and brush with a little olive oil and grill/broil them oiled-side up until lightly browned.
- 7Place a good 2-3 spoonful of tomato mixture on each slice and serve with a fork and knife.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato & Garlic Bruschetta Bread
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: