Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A simple red sauce using tomato juice as it's base, adding garlic, Parmesan and meatballs and then simmered for hours. I often cheat and use precooked frozen Italian meatballs but if you are using your own, be sure to brown them in a skillet or in the oven before adding them to the sauce.
- 2 (46 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (shredded of grated)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatballs (frozen or homemade)
- Combine first three ingredients in stock pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 hours until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.