Recipe by KathyP53
Recipe calls for plum tomatoes, but go ahead and use your fresh summer tomatoes! From Bon Appetit magazine.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe plum tomatoes, cored, cut cross-wise in 1/4-inch slices (5-6 medium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-hight heat. Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in cheese and garlic and season with salt and pepper. When oil in shimmering, pour egg mixture into pan and cook until eggs begin to turn golden brown around the edges. Arrange tomato slices on top of egg mixture. (Some slices may sink).
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake frittata until eggs are just set in the center, 8-10 minutes. Using a heat proof spatula, loosen firttata from pan slide onto a warm plate. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.