Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great dish which I found on a local cooking show. Fresh garden tomatoes and a good feta make this a very good dish for a brunch or dinner party.
- 7 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and heat oven proof skillet about 5 minutes before using.
- Beat eggs and water.
- Add picante sauce, cheeses, and seasonings to egg mixture.
- Pour into heated greased skillet.
- Top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.