Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother has made this since I can remember, its loved in my family and so far the only chicken my son will eat!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Rinse off and pat dry Chicken set aside.
- Combine flour ingredients, set aside.
- Whisk beaten eggs and water together in another bowl, set this aside.
- Combine the breading ingredients (you can add anymore spices here too, I usually add a little more oregano) Set this aside as well.
- Ready a frying pan with some oil, or butter and set your oven to 350 f.
- Starting with the flour, coat each piece of chicken and shake off all the excess, coat with egg mixture and then the breading.
- Heat frying pan and then brown chicken on both sides, place in a buttered cassarole dish and bake until juices run clear, 1/2hour to 45mins.
- If you like extra coating, melt a little butter and combine with the leftover breadcrumbs and sprinkle over fried chicken.