Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and hearty tomato Florentine with orzo.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canamy's organic chunky tomato bisque
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cangarden vegetable broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 3 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil.
- Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Add pepper, salt, rosemary and thyme and stir well.
- Add stewed tomatoes, tomato bisque, vegetable broth, condensed tomato soup, water, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil.
- Add orzo and stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for fifteen minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat when pasta is al dente, add spinach, stir and cover for five minutes.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.