1/1 Photo of Tomato Fettuccine With Shrimp and Arugula
Cooking Light, May 2003. This dish is such comfort food! Fettucine, shrimp, onions and arugula, marry together to make such a nice dish! The fresh tomatoes give it such a great taste and with the peppery flavor of the arugula, it is wonderful! Update: 09/10/2007 ... Chef Wineaux reworked the recipe and she suggested using 3/4 lb of boneless & skinless chicken (cut up the size of shrimp)and sprinkled it with 1 teaspoon of curry powder (you can always use more) and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (they like it with a little zip).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped vidalia onions or 1 cup other sweet onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 5 cups trimmed arugula
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- 5Add tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7Add pasta, reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, 1/2 teaspoon salt, half-and-half, and pepper; toss well.
- 8Cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated and shrimp are done.
- 9Add arugula; toss well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Fettuccine With Shrimp and Arugula
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.7 mg
- Sodium 951.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 22.0 g