Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from my friend Ina Garten the Barefoot Contessa! Perfect on a summer day or for a light meal.
- 1419.57 ml cherry tomatoes
- 340.19 g good feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 44.37 ml white wine vinegar or 44.37 ml champagne vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml minced fresh basil leaves
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Dice the feta in 1/4-inch dice, crumbling it as little as possible.
- Add the feta to the tomatoes and then add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley.
- Toss carefully and salt, to taste, depending on the saltiness of the feta.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Great salad. i use a premade champagne dressing and it is yummy!
I have made this salad a few times now and it is one of my favorite recipes I have found on this site. I like to crumble the feta by hand rather than having blocks of it, but I'm sure it works well both ways. I also add a little extra vinegar to really bring out the acid of the dish. Incredible!
Very much enjoyed the salad. This will be even better in the summer with homegrown tomatoes and herbs. Thanks for sharing.