Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful salad to make when the tomato season is at it's prime.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (I prefer Balsamic)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic (crushed or finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper
- 1 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Greek olive (optional)
- Prepare dressing:.
- In a jar combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper. Shake well. Set aside.
- Just prior to serving, slice tomato, sprinkle with feta (and olives if using). Shake dressing well to combine and drizzle over all.
I couldn't ask for a more refreshing, simple and bright tasting salad! Diana #2 recommended this recipe for inclusion in the http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook/2010-Members-Picks-Cookbook-267184; after reading the recipe in the morning, it was on the table by nightfall. Even though I used hot house tomatoes in late April, they were still delightfully flavourful and rich. This salad came together in 5 minutes time and was served with a savory Shepherd's Pie to add a little lightness to the meal. I am chomping at the bit to try this with Summer Heirloom tomatoes!
Tomatoes, Basil and Feta Cheese. With this combination, how could anyone possibly go wrong? Being March, I had to use hot house tomatoes. Imagine how much better it will be when they are fresh out of my own garden. :) This is a wonderful recipe Bobbie. Easy to make and fast to put together. This will be made many times. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.