Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and refreshing, Wonderful with Grilled Chicken, Steaks. Very easy to make the night before but I do not put olive oil/red wine vinegar topping on until just before serving. Found this recipe in taste of home simple and delicious May/June 2007 edition.
- 5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, crumbled
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- On a serving platter, layer tomatoes and onion. Top with feta cheese and olives.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar and oregano; shake well.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.