Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from the Barefoot Contessa show, this is easy and gets raves! You may easily halve this recipe. Feel free to add olive and cucumbers if you wish.
Top Review by ForeverMama
What a great way to eat! Fantastic flavors in this winner of a salad. Though I substituted some ingredients due to the availability situation in my pantry, it was still a success. Instead of white wine vinegar - used red wine vinegar, instead of red onions - used Vidalia, instead of grape tomatoes - used red stem cluster tomatoes, and didn't use parsley because I didn't have any. Served it over a bed of arugula. Just an all-around tasty, tasty! Thank you Sharon123!!!
- 1892.72 ml grape tomatoes
- 354.88 ml small red onions, diced (2 onions)
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml coarse salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil leaf
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 680.38 g feta cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Add onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Toss well.
- Dice the feta in 1/2 inch cubes, crumbling it as little as possible.
- Gently fold it into the salad and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!