Recipe by Geema
This relish works wonders on most grilled or roasted meat ...chicken, fish, or lamb especially. I vary the herbs according to my menu and often substitute basil for the dill. DELICIOUS!
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled,but not mashed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- lots fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all relish ingredients in a small bowl, stirring rather carefully so that the feta doesn't lose it's chunkiness.
- You can make this a day ahead to put in the refrigerator.
- But leave it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes to come to room temperature before serving with chicken, fish, or lamb that has been grilled, baked, or broiled.