Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This relish works wonders on most grilled or roasted meat ...chicken, fish, or lamb especially. I vary the herbs according to my menu and often substitute basil for the dill. DELICIOUS!
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled,but not mashed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- lots fresh ground pepper
- Combine all relish ingredients in a small bowl, stirring rather carefully so that the feta doesn't lose it's chunkiness.
- You can make this a day ahead to put in the refrigerator.
- But leave it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes to come to room temperature before serving with chicken, fish, or lamb that has been grilled, baked, or broiled.
I used this as a topping for bruschetta and it was fantastic! Intense, Mediterranean flavours that I love. A keeper.
Very light and tasty. I didn't have green onions, so I put Spanish onion. Tasted wonderful as well. Everyone in my family loved it, this recipe is a keeper. Thanks!!!
I top a bed of greens with the tomato relish! My Husband (The guy that doesn`t eat anything goat)love it as much as I did! And just think how good this will be when my home grown summer tomatoes are ripe!!!! I did use vine ripen tomatoes But that could mean that they were picked green with some vine still attached and ripen on the way to the gorcery! This recipe goes in my cookbook for the summer!