This is my version of a recipe that I read in Cooking Light. I have a square foot garden and this was a great year for my Russian Krim heirloom tomatoes. This is a very large beefy tomato with smaller seed pockets. If you use a regular hot house tomato, slice and place them between a few sheets of paper towel to soak up some of the juice. Romas are a good option. Olives would also be a nice addition. Great with a side salad for a light summer supper or as an appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (5 ounce) container reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 sheets phyllo dough, frozen and thawed
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 fresh basil, torn
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2On a baking sheet, place 1 sheet of phyllo and spray with cooking spray. Keep others under damp paper towels as not to dry out. Repeat that process until you have 5 sheets coated with cooking spray and stacked on top of each other. Sprinkle first layer with one quarter of the cheese mixture.
- 3Repeat that process again for a second layer of dough, topping with one quarter of the cheese mixture.
- 4Repeat the dough process using remainder of the dough sheets, sprinkle with the half of the remaining cheese mixture. Top with tomatoes and onions leaving about a 1 inch border and sprinkle last of cheese mixture on the top. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from pan to a cooling rack so the bottom won't sweat, for about 5 minutes. Cut into square and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Feta Phyllo Tart
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 551.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese