Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be cut in small squares for appetizers, or accompany it with a salad for a light meal. From the blog olivetomato
- Preheat the oven at 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius).
- In a bowl smash the feta with a fork, add the yogurt and mix well and then add the egg. Mix in the mint and a bit of pepper and mix well. Put aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in thin slices.
- Take out the phyllo (de-frosted if frozen) and a pan a bit small then the dimensions of the phyllo sheet.
- Brush some olive oil on the base of the pan and spread the phyllo sheet. Brush olive oil on the phyllo sheet and place another sheet brushing with olive oil every time. Continue this until you have used 6-7 sheets.
- Roll up the edges of the phyllo, so you have a little border around the tart.
- Spread the feta mixture evenly over the whole tart. Then place the tomatoes on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Put the pan on the bottom rack of the oven during the last 5-10 minutes to get a crunchy base.
- This tastes better the next day at room temperature.
This was delicious and a lovely presentation as well! I loved the feta-yoghurt filling. I did seed and lightly squeeze my tomatoes as they are delicious and juicy and I didn't want all that liquid dampening the filo crust. We all loved this tart and I will most definitely make again.