Cas & Lisa's Note:
This was adapted from a traditional recipe by my wife Lisa, but frittata is traditionally made with leftovers. This one turned out nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup water or 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or combination)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf (alternately, 1/2 cup coriander)
- 3 roma tomatoes
- Tabasco sauce or Worcestershire sauce (or both)
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Heat greased oven-proof skillet or baking dish for 5 minutes.
- 3beat eggs with water (or milk).
- 4Add rice, cheese, tomato paste, oregano, worcestershire, pepper and/or tabasco and pour into skillet.
- 5Top with sliced tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 7(Can substitute pasta for rice, coriander for basil) NB: Feta is very salty, so if substituting another kind of cheese, add salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Feta Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 359.5 mg
- Sodium 641.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.8 g