Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was adapted from a traditional recipe by my wife Lisa, but frittata is traditionally made with leftovers. This one turned out nice.
- 7 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or combination)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf (alternately, 1/2 cup coriander)
- 3 roma tomatoes
- Tabasco sauce or Worcestershire sauce (or both)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat greased oven-proof skillet or baking dish for 5 minutes.
- beat eggs with water (or milk).
- Add rice, cheese, tomato paste, oregano, worcestershire, pepper and/or tabasco and pour into skillet.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- (Can substitute pasta for rice, coriander for basil) NB: Feta is very salty, so if substituting another kind of cheese, add salt to taste.