1 hr 10 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This hearty casserole makes an excellent anti-oxidant-packed side dish or vegetarian main dish. Originally from the magazine section of a Sunday Denver Post. I like to add some dried basil along with the oregano and thyme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup capers (optional)
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; add eggplant.
- 3Cook until softened, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- 4Remove from heat; add all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- 5Transfer mixture to a shallow casserole dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Bake 45 minutes, uncovered, until bubbly and golden brown; serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Eggplant Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 353.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g