Recipe by Baz
An easy and delicious pasta sauce. Goes well with filled fresh pasta such as agnolotti, tortellini or ravioli but works equally well with dried pastas.
- 625 g pasta (Agnolotti, Tortellini, Ravioli)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (400 g) cans tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 200 g roasted eggplant packed in oil, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- grated fresh parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan or wok, cook onion, celery and garlic over medium heat until onion has softened.
- Add tinned tomatoes and sugar, simmer 10 minutes until sauce thickens (roughly chop the tomatoes in the pan).
- Stir in eggplant and parsley.
- Toss cooked pasta with the tomato eggplant sauce and garnish with Parmesan cheese to serve.