Recipe by searsponcho
This is a great recipe for when you really want to make something special without a lot of fuss.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
This was easy to prepare, and had a fresh and hearty flavour. I peeled and salted the eggplant for forty five minutes, then sauteed it in the pan for a few minutes before adding the tomatoes so it didn't develop a boiled taste. The tomatoes I had were plain, so I added Italian herbs and a little extra garlic and onion. Next time I'd try adding some chilli flakes.
- angel hair pasta
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with onion garlic and basil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large eggplant, peeled, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red table wine
- 2⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In large saute pan, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until onions are clear.
- Add egplant and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens and eggplant is tender.
- Add wine and parsley and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over pasta.