Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
A cool light lunch from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 6 eggs
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, seeds removed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups watercress
- Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, have roma tomatoes lengthwise and remove seeds.
- In mixing bowl combine cucumber, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain, rinse, peel, and chop cooked eggs; fold into cucumber mixture.
- Spoon into tomato halves and serve over watercress.
I scaled this back for 2 eggs (1 serve) and for 2 Roma tomatoes and served on lettuce from the garden. It made for a very filling lunch, next time for me I would only use 1 Roma and have the extra egg on the side, maybe wrapping in the extra lettuce leafs. thank you Debbwl, made for Make My Recipe Edition 11.
My coworker, Sue, gave me some wonderful roma tomatoes fresh from her garden. They were perfect for this recipe! I really liked how the egg yolks are still slightly soft and the crunch of the cucumber was a nice touch too. The only change I made was to use spinach instead of watercress, which I couldn't find. Made for Everyday's a Holiday tag game. Thanks Debbwl! :) And Sue! :)
I liked everything about this salad; the mix of ingredients and the flavours. I love my tomatoes and did not want to remove the filling, so I chopped up the tomatoes instead and served the egg mixture on top. Very filling and delicious.