Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This only serves one, but multiply it out for as many people as you want to serve. Or use it as a side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook about 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add tomatoes and salt and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates Beat together cornstarch and eggs and add to pan.
- decrease heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until eggs are set.
- sprinkle with parsley.
This turned out to be a tasty lunch that was fast and easy to prepare. I did double the recipe for three of us and used 3 small tomatoes that I had in the freezer from this fall. Oh yes, I also used one clove of garlic instead of the salt and decide to kick mine up with a few drops of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Might try some cheddar cheese on top next time. Thanks
Unexpected flavor. I also added some cheddar and was a great meatless change for dinner. Thanks!
This sounds wonderful! Especially good for us here in Morocco as we do a lot of stove top cooking. I think I will do what Charlotte did and add some garlic, also a bit of cheese if I happen to have it in the house. Can't wait to try it, sounds great for the cool weather coming up here!