Recipe by kclay61
My grandmother used to make these, years ago, when I was a little girl. I remember it feeling so good on a cold Michigan night. These are also good on your tummy, when you aren't feeling so well.
Top Review by Southpaw Chef
This really is good. I've had them myself from my grandmother too. She's put a little something extra each time ( don't waste anything she'd say ) and it was always great. It's good when you mix green and red tomatoes from the garden also. Thanks for posting!
- 30 ounces tomatoes, with equal amounts water (or two cans)
- 1 small onions or 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients together. Let boil for about 5 minutes. Then turn down heat, cover, and let simmer while making dumplings.
- Combine the flour and milk to make dumplings. It will be sticky.
- Drop into tomato pot, by teaspoon (they will expand). Cover and let stand, on low heat, for about 30 minutes or more.
- DO NOT OPEN LID until time is up.