My grandmother used to make these, years ago, when I was a little girl. I remember it feeling so good on a cold Michigan night. These are also good on your tummy, when you aren't feeling so well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 ounces tomatoes, with equal amounts water (or two cans)
- 1 small onions or 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients together. Let boil for about 5 minutes. Then turn down heat, cover, and let simmer while making dumplings.
- 2Combine the flour and milk to make dumplings. It will be sticky.
- 3Drop into tomato pot, by teaspoon (they will expand). Cover and let stand, on low heat, for about 30 minutes or more.
- 4DO NOT OPEN LID until time is up.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 55.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g