Recipe by Sandylee
This soup goes well with crostini and salad for a light lunch, or as a first course to your favorite light baked fish. Roma tomatoes works best in this soup but any red tomato will do. You can peel and de-seed if you prefer but I never do. I found this recipe on the web on someone's blog....perfect timing with an over abundance of tomatoes right now. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.
Top Review by luvcook'n
This was just the perfect tomato soup for a light lunch. I changed the chicken stock for veggie stock as my daughter is vegetarian. Everyone wanted more!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
- 3 cups tomatoes, unpeeled
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Liquefy three cups of unpeeled red tomatoes with 2 large cloves of garlic in a blender.
- Place the liquid tomatoes and garlic in a large saucepan with chicken stock, white wine, lemon zest, fresh dill.
- Cook over medium heat 15 minutes then add cream, cheese, salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and dill sprig.