Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am posting this here for safekeeping. I attended a vegetarian cooking class (even though I'm not a vegetarian) just to get some vegetable ideas and this was one of the recipes shown us. Courtesy Rob McLean.
- On medium heat saute chopped onions along with 2 sprigs of dill in the butter until soft.
- Add tomatoes, stock and cream cheese.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend mixture with hand blender until desired consistency.
- Add remaining dill, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Note: light cream cheese can be used as well.
I want to say 4 for taste, 5 for ease. This was so simple; and I did follow the instructions. For me, it lacked flavor. I think the boursin cheese may add what's missing. The creamy flavor was good, I used a good Italian tomato, but there was just something not there for me. But a unique soup. Maybe a little white wine and a few herbs will do the trick. A nice change for soup however. I served it with a crusty slice of bread which made a very nice lunch.
An unusual and tasty soup - we love dill and all the other ingredients as well, so this was a winner for us! I did miss the garlic - maybe next time I might use Boursin cheese or add a clove or two of garlic. We ate this with home-made sourdough bread - it made a very lovely and light luncheon dish. Made for Holiday tag - thanks Lori! FT:-)
A lovely soup. I added several cloves of minced garlic and a good deal more dill than indicated.