Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
this disappears fast and makes great sandwiches..makes 2 loaves
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110*-115*)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2-4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- in a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; set aside.
- in a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes with oil, parsley, dill, oregano and salt.
- add to yeast mixture.
- add enough flour to make a smooth dough.
- turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic -- about 6-8 minutes.
- place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- punch down and divide in half -- shape into loaves.
- place in two greased 8x4" loaf pans.
- cover and let rise until doubled.about 1 hour.
- bake at 400* for 15 minutes.reduce heat to 350*.bake for 25 minutes longer or until done.
- brush with melted butter -- .