Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An Indian style soup
- 1 tablespoon maida flour (refined flour)
- 750 g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, stalks (dandi)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped garnish (dhania)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (roughly grounded)
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan, add the tomatoes and coriander stalks cook for 10 minutes. Do not strain. Chilli powder and blend in a mixer to a smooth puree. Transfer to a deep pan and bring to boil. Take another pan melt butter and sauté refined flour, salt, sugar and lemon juice and black pepper powder mix well. Simmer for 3-4 minutes and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan and cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the tempering to the tamatar dhania ka shorba and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.