Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My youngest son loves tomatoes. This is one of his favorite ways to eat them.
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slice tomato into 1/2-in. thick slices and drain on a paper towel for 5-10 minutes.
- Place on a greased broiler pan.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Spread with mayonnaise.
- Top with bacon and cheese.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Easy and delicious! I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt, and it was quite delicious. I look forward to preparing them more with fresh, garden-ripe tomatoes this summer!
I was hesitant to try this recipe at this time of the year, not having my home-grown tomatoes yet. But, the combination of ingredients even on store-bought "vine-ripened" tomatoes made was aboslutely delicious! Now I can't wait until my own tomatoes are available! Made exactly as written for ZWT 5.
It doesn't get any easier than this, it's a terrific meal for those who are trying to cut out carbs too, like a sandwich without the bread ;) I added sea salt and whole ground pepper, and also a touch of chopped basil, then layed it all on a small bed of fresh baby spinach greens, it was terrific!! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 5 :)