Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Interesting flavor. Not quite Indian...not quite Italian. Very tasty, though. We served with small side salad and baked potatoes. Would be delicious with rice to mop up the extra sauce. We used a pretty hoppy beer and it was very prominent in the final product. Next time we will use a milder beer.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, then stir in beer, soup, curry powder, basil and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, then pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour; sprinkle with cheese for last 10 minutes of baking.