Recipe by carrie sheridan
This is hearty with a soup-y gravy, really good over rice on a cold day... and probably good chilled in the summer, as well
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 lb round steak, sliced very thin
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cored and cut in slices
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice round steak very thin and lightly salt.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil and flash-fry beef in a 4 quart pot.
- Add tomatos, pepper, onion and quickly fry to 2-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, curry and sugar and cook 5-10 more minutes.
- Add cornstarch whisked into cold water to dissolve to thicken the soup-y gravy/chicken stock.
- Serve over rice or noodles or bread.