1/6 Photos of Tomato-Cucumber Stack w/ Fresh Mozzarella
I had never heard of this dish before tasting it last summer at my fiancee's house. Then, everywhere I went it began to pop up. Its simple, down-to-earth charm depends upon the freshness of the ingredients- I can't wait for tomato season to return!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced 1/4-inch
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch (preferably vine-ripened)
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- fresh mozzarella cheese, , sliced 1/4-inch (, fromaggio di buffalo)
- 1Combine vinegar and oil in small bowl; whisk in garlic, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- 2Arrange in individual stacks, or together on a serving platter, as follows: Cucumber, tomato, onion, mozzarella.
- 3Repeat layers as necessary.
- 4Scatter basil leaves liberally.
- 5Drizzle vinaigrette; best if flavors are left to marinate for one hour.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Cucumber Stack w/ Fresh Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g