Recipe by Karen in MA
From Sunset Magazine, May 2007. Can be made ahead. Use English (seedless) cucumbers. Cover and chill for up to 3 days.
- 2 lbs tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 serrano chilies, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Immerse tomatoes in boiling water to cover for 5 seconds (if ripe) to 15 seconds (if firm). Lift out and drain. Core tomatoes and pull off skin; discard cores and skins. Halve tomatoes crosswise; squeeze out juice and seeds and discard.
- In a food processor, combine seeded tomatoes, onion, garlic, serrano chiles, and red wine vinegar. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour into a bowl.
- In processor, pulse cucumber until coarsely chopped. Add to tomato mixture and season with salt to taste.