1/1 Photo of Tomato Cucumber Salad With Lemon Yogurt Dressing
This recipe comes from "Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen". It is very delicious and goes well with grilled lamb chops. Please only make this in the summer when the tomatoes are at their peak!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 -4 large garden fresh tomatoes, cored and sliced
- salt and pepper
For the dressing
- 1Place onion slices in a shallow dish. Pour lemon juice over them and toss so they are all coated with the juice. Let stand at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Turn them occasionally.
- 2While the onions sit, peel and slice the cucumber into 1/4 inch slices.
- 3Place in a large bowl.
- 4Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- 5Make the dressing:.
- 6In a small dish, mix together the yogurt, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- 7Drain the juice off the onions into the bowl with the dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- 8Add the onions to the bowl with the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- 9Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- 11You can also fancy this up by layering the tomatoes on a platter and then topping with the cucumbers and then onions. Then just drizzle with the dressing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Cucumber Salad With Lemon Yogurt Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 27.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: