Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom sent me this recipe a few weeks ago and just in time as I had a large quantity of fresh tomatoes to use, and I was running out of ideas. It is simple and delicious. The salad serves two, but could easily be doubled.
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 6 slices
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (no other)
- Place tomato on two plates and put cucumber on top. Sprinkle with salt.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Drizzle over tomato and cucumber.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- You might try other fresh herbs to see what else might work for your taste.
This was very nice. The one thing I changed, was to dice the tomatoes. Very refreshing on a hot day. :)
good recipe! I think I'll cut down some on the lemon rind and sugar next time, but it was very tasty. Thanks!
wow! this is a very tasty light and refreshing salad! i think its perfect as a light lunch or a pre-dinner salad! my boyfriend and i really enjoyed it! great recipe!!!