Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We used to eat a similar salad at a little Italian Bistro. We loved the simplicity of it. Easy to make but it still impresses company. In the summer when I have too many zucchini I substitute it for the cucumber.
- 1 seedless English cucumber (or substitute zucchini)
- 3 medium tomatoes or 6 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- cracked black pepper
- Chop cucumbers, tomato, and onion into large pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add cracked black pepper and serve.
Excellent! I think the red onion and balsamic vinegar make this salad special.
I used two cucumbers instead of one, added 1/4 cup feta cheese, and used grape tomatoes instead of roma. Very easy and tasty! Filling, too!
Absolutely awesome. I thinly slice all the ingredients using my mandalin. I always use roma tomatoes and have used white wine balsamic vinegar on occasion. I have also added sliced black olives once in awhile. Serve at room temp for the best flavor. I love this as a side to grilled steaks or salmon.