This is a marvelous salad that uses the same dressing as the marinade for my Grilled Stuffed Chicken (Grilled Stuffed Chicken). Prepare these two together for a fantastic summer meal.
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise & sliced
- 4 tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 -8 green onions, tops only, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt & pepper
- Combine 1st 5 ingredients and toss.
- Mix oil& vinegar, add seasoning and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour over salad.
- Drain& set aside dressing that runs off.
- (If preparing Grilled Stuffed Chicken with this salad – the remainder can be used as the marinade).