Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a marvelous salad that uses the same dressing as the marinade for my Grilled Stuffed Chicken (Grilled Stuffed Chicken). Prepare these two together for a fantastic summer meal.
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise & sliced
- 4 tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 -8 green onions, tops only, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt & pepper
- Combine 1st 5 ingredients and toss.
- Mix oil& vinegar, add seasoning and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour over salad.
- Drain& set aside dressing that runs off.
- (If preparing Grilled Stuffed Chicken with this salad – the remainder can be used as the marinade).
Made this for supper. Used the vegetables exactly as stated but used purchased Greek Dressing as I thought the dressing ingredients sounded Greeky. Very good.
I just made this and it is fantastic! I used Persian cucumbers and grape tomatoes. The made half the dressing and used half red wine vinegar and half apple vinegar (I ran out). Reminds me of a tomato cucumber salad I used to have when I lived in Israel. Thanks for the great simple recipe!
Another Claudia Dawn winner! Love salads and love finding new combinations in both the ingredients and the dressings - loved this combination. As one can see one lot of loving going on with this recipe .Only made half the recipe this time around, so good there will soon be a repeat with no halving and going with your recipe#88887. That should make for an awesome meal! Thank you for sharing.