Recipe by Tish
This cooling summer salad is great for using up veggies from the garden. Great as a side with grilled meats or seafood or as a salsa to give grilled sea bass pizazz. *Prep time includes minimal refrigeration to set the tastes
Top Review by carole in orlando
This is a delightful salad! I will cut the oil in half the next time I make it however, the tomatoes are juicy and don't need that much oil in my opinion. I also added a can of drained, rinsed garbanzo beans, as my husband loves them. This is going to be served often this summer at our house, thanks! Carole
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 seedless European cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopesavory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion in a large serving bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, soup mix, dill, pepper, and feta.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss until combined.
- Refrigerate the salad for up to 6 hours before serving.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.