Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger, American Favorites. Easy, tasty, great for picnics and potlucks!
Top Review by lauralie41
What a great tasting salad mix! I used mild peppers in the jar and since they are sliced in a ring I just put about a cup of those in. Was a little worried about two large tomatoes being to much but it is the perfect amount. Very fresh flavor, brings back summer in this cold and dreary weather we are having. I think this would be great with a sandwich for lunch or served with almost anything for supper. Thank you Sharon for posting this wonderful recipe!
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 -2 sweet banana pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parsley (optional)