Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
"Refreshing light summer salad." I like to make this salad in the Summer when my Tomatoes, and Basil are plentiful and Cucumbers are 3 for a dollar at the Grocery stores and farmers markets! A very pretty healthy salad. Try it I don't think you will be dissapointed!
- 2 large cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 158.51 ml coarsely chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil leaf
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, onion, Basil and oil to cucumbers and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe is featured in our.
A wonderful, easy and healthy salad to showcase summer produce! It goes with any grilled meats or fish and I've eaten this by itself for lunch. Crumbled feta makes a nice garnish for this. Thanx for sharing!
Made this for supper tonight as a side dish for steak and baked potatoes. Used my home grown tomatoes and basil. I bought the cucumbers at the Farmer's Market the other day. Did not seed cucumbers or tomatoes; just peeled the cukes and sliced and chopped the tomatoes. The red wine vinegar adds great flavor. Thanks, Little Bee, we loved your recipe.
This recipe is much better than any I have tried previously. The sugar and basil had another layer to the flavor. I make a huge bowl and have this with a burger for a great summer meal.