Recipe by Little Bee
"Refreshing light summer salad." I like to make this salad in the Summer when my Tomatoes, and Basil are plentiful and Cucumbers are 3 for a dollar at the Grocery stores and farmers markets! A very pretty healthy salad. Try it I don't think you will be dissapointed!
Top Review by *Parsley*
A wonderful, easy and healthy salad to showcase summer produce! It goes with any grilled meats or fish and I've eaten this by itself for lunch. Crumbled feta makes a nice garnish for this. Thanx for sharing!
- 2 large cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 158.51 ml coarsely chopped red onion
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil leaf
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, onion, Basil and oil to cucumbers and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe is featured in our.