Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was one of LeggyPeggy’s recipes and her adaptation from the Joy of Cooking; Tomato and Cucumber Juice. I in turn have modified it to my own personal taste. I added some clam juice, hot sauce and a twist of lemon…. This drink is kind of like a “Bloody Mary” however, without Vodka. It is a great cold and frosty drink on a hot summers day.
- 946.36 ml tomato juice (substitute veggie tomato type juices)
- 236.59 ml clam juice (optional)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil (substitute olive oil)
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 2.46 ml sugar (optional)
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml dry basil (optional 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped)
- 14.79 ml hot sauce (substitute Tabasco type sauce)
- 2 Persian cucumbers (remove seeds, peel outer skin optional, chopped finely)
- 236.59 ml cracked ice
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a large pitcher add all the ingredients except the lemon wedges, mix well.
- Pour into tall individual glasses and add a lemon wedge on the glass rim.
- Serve and enjoy.