Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another nice quick way to prepare fish! Serve with baked potato and a tossed salad for a complete meal!
- 2 lbs pollock fillets (see directions for other fish ideas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed preferred but RealLemon brand is acceptable)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced (organic preferred)
- 1⁄4 medium green bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (Panko preferred)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix together the lemon juice and water and pour over the fish, which you've placed in a shallow, non-reactive (NOT aluminum) pan; marinate 20 minutes.
- While it marinates, slice the tomatoes and mince the green pepper and onion.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Drain the fish and place in a greased baking dish.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes over the fish; sprinkle the green pepper and onion over the tomato slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, basil and oil; sprinkle over all.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 15 min; the fish should be white and flake easily.
- Variation: if pollock isn't available, use haddock, hake, cod, tilapia or flounder instead.