The taste of summer! From Bon Appetit magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, cored, halved, seeded, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves (2 minced, 1 halved)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus more for dirzzling)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut on a diagonal into 1/3-inch slices (or baguette)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1Toast or grill bread slices and set aside to cool.
- 2Combine tomatoes and minced garlic in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add 3 tbsp oil and vinegar; toss to mix well. Cover and let tomatoes marinate at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- 3Rub one side of toasted bread with cut sides of remaining garlic clove; drizzle bread with oil and in half crosswise. Add basil to tomato mixture in bowl and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange crostini on platter. Spoon some tomato mixture on top of eah crostini.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: