- 12 medium plum tomatoes, finely diced (peel and seed first)
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped (you could use more)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- French bread
- parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add enough olive oil to coat the mixture.
- Add vinegar to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Slice bread on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices.
- Brush one side lightly with olive oil.
- Place on cookie sheet with oiled side up.
- Heat in 400° oven until lightly toasted.
- To serve, place tsp of tomato mixture on warm toast and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.