Recipe by Claudia Guadagnini
This is a delicious tomatoes soup. That's the favorite recipe of my husband. Enjoy!
- 1 leek
- 50 g butter
- 100 g rice
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 2 liters vegetable stock
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- olive oil
- crouton (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut one leek and sauté in butter.
- Add rice and sliced tomatoes, and stew for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix often then add 2 liters of vegetable stock and cook slowly for 1 hour.
- Pass the soup through a sieve.
- Put in the casserole the soup, a little bit of stock, and boil it for an additional ½ hour.
- Remove the foam produced, if any.
- Few minutes before serve, whip 4 yolks and ½ cup of milk crème.
- Add 2-3 spoon of soup while mixing.
- Finally add the rest of the soup, while mixing and pass it through a sieve.
- Add salt, pepper, oil of olive.
- Serve it hot, and add croutons if you like.