Recipe by Boomette
This is from Qu'est-ce qu'on mange Volume 3. I did this recipe so many times when I was living with my parents. It was always a success with guest. And it's so simple.
Top Review by Deantini
Nice, creamy and quite thick tomato soup - I pureed it a bit to incorporate the onions into the tomatios and thenI added some dried parsley and a bunch of fresh basil. I will probably add some broth to our left overs as we found it a bit on the thick side.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- herbs, to taste
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Cook onion 5 minutes, just to soften it. Do not let it begin to golden.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir about 30 seconds.
- While stirring, add gradually milk.
- Bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and keep cooking while stirring until it begins to simmer.
- Season with herbs (it can be parsley, chive, celery leaves, thyme and basil).
- Add salt and pepper.