Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 lbs cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 19 ounces tomatoes, canned,diced
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley, flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- For Tomato sauce: Heat oil and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a boil.
- Simmer about 30 minutes.
- For Cream sauce: Mix all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a slow simmer once cheese is melted.
- Mix well.
- Add to tomato sauce and stir into cooked tortellini.
I really liked the saucy flavors. I made a half recipe using a quart of tomates and a small can of tomato sauce. Also used romano cheese. This is an easy home cooked meal, thanks!
This is a very tasty sauce and easy to put together. I made one change in that I used cheese ravioli in place of the tortellini since most of the tortellini I am able to find around here leaves much to be desired. Thanks.
Served with a tossed salad & some garlic toast, this made a quick, easy & delicious Friday night dinner! I scaled the recipe in half, used my own home-made tomato sauce (which is fairly spicey) and frozen spinach & ricotta tortellini. Thanx Bookworm!