Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe from my friend Marina, she makes this in the summer when tomatoes are fresh. Winter tomatoes just don't work well in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons white onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cream, whipping
- 4 tablespoons gin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Peel and slice the tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds and slice into half-inch cubes.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Add the tomatoes and chopped basil leaves.
- Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend with a small hand blender.
- Stir in cream and gin.
- Pour into six soup dishes.
- Garnish with a spoon of sour cream and a basil leaf.