Another recipe from my friend Marina, she makes this in the summer when tomatoes are fresh. Winter tomatoes just don't work well in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the tomatoes.
- 2Remove the seeds and slice into half-inch cubes.
- 3Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- 4Add the tomato paste.
- 5Add the tomatoes and chopped basil leaves.
- 6Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Blend with a small hand blender.
- 9Stir in cream and gin.
- 10Pour into six soup dishes.
- 11Garnish with a spoon of sour cream and a basil leaf.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Cream Soup With Basil and Gin
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g