Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Your basic quick-whip meat sauce but with a rich and creamy twist. Kid pleaser, Inexpensive, 30 minutes or less.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Melt butter/margarine over medium heat until melted.
- Sautee chopped onion and garlic over medium for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add ground turkey and cook for a few minutes to incorporate flavor.
- Add can of spaghetti sauce, sugar, and all dried seasonings (amounts to your taste, can also use italian seasoning blend).
- Add chive and onion cream cheese in chunks and stir until blended.
- Cook on low until hot. Serve over hot pasta or use in lasagna.
- Garnish with parmesan.