Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This from a "The Legal Sea Foods Cookbook" (1988) and I am using their own variation from Lobster Sauce for Pasta (if you want lobster, just substitute 1-1 1/2 cups lobster meat for the crab).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 cups tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the oil in a large casserole, and saute the onions and garlic for about 10 minutes, or until wilted but not browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lower the heat, and simmer until they reduce slightly and form a sauce, about 15 minutes.
- Stir the sauce occasionally.
- Add the crab meat and cook for only a moment to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions until it is cooked throughh but still firm.
- Drain thoroughly, toss with the butter, then top with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.