Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Knowing how fond I am of crab, my sister emailed me the recipe for these savoury appetizers. They also make a nice lunch.
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 12 slices fresh tomatoes
- In a hot sauté pan, sauté the crabmeat in the butter for about one minute.
- Add parsley, basil, and salt and pepper; taste and adjust seasonings; set aside.
- Place one slice of tomato on the center of a plate.
- Place sautéed crabmeat mixture on top.
- Layer another tomato slice and more crabmeat.
- Top with one more tomato slice.
- (Use 3 slices of tomato and 4 ounces of crabmeat per serving).
- Place mixed greens around the stack.