Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy with just a few ingredients.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Saute onion in the olive oil in a heavy sauce pot over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, curry powder, and tomato paste.
- Slowly add the chicken broth.
- Stir until soup starts to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add milk, corn, tomatoes and black pepper, and green bell pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
I love tomatoes and I love corn, I searched on here and never thought I'd find a recipe for it but there it was. SO DELICIOUS. Easy, fast!! Tomato based soups are my absolute fave!!!